- Job Number MARJP00080506
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $39.19-55/Hour
- Date Posted Oct 3, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
The Manager, Communications oversees communication strategies for Global Technology at Marriott. This includes planning regular communications, supporting internal and external messages for stakeholders, designing effective communication plans, inventing related tools for key initiatives, and collaborating with partners for consistent messaging through Marriott channels.
- Execute initiative and project-based communications, executive messaging, and organizational transformation communications for the Global Technology organization.
- Develop and manage a calendar of key messages to ensure consistent internal communications.
- Design and drive communication planning processes, creating effective communication vehicles for key initiatives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external partners to execute key messaging through Marriott channels.
- Associate degree with 5 years' experience in business, sales, marketing, or related area OR bachelor’s degree in communications or business with 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Preferred: BS/BA in Business Management, Communications, or related field.
- Experience in marketing, communications, and change management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Strong ability to write and edit for all media.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in using social media networking tools for communication objectives.
- Adaptability: Maintains performance under pressure and during workplace changes. Communication: Conveys information engagingly through various methods.
- Problem Solving: Identifies, understands, and solves issues and challenges.
- Building Relationships: Fosters teamwork and develops lasting relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise: Seeks and applies learning opportunities, utilizes technical acumen for everyday business operations.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.