Director, Purpose Driven Marketing
- Job Number MARJP00077900
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $55-65/Hour
- Date Posted Jul 26, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
Marriott International, Inc. is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of nearly 8,300 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 138 countries and territories and we’re still growing. As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 8,100+ hotel properties and 31 top hotel brands. Unmatched Marriott FLEX opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, join a team where everyone has a voice. Belong to a community where you are included.
Be inspired by what’s possible and discover your own future. Be challenged, grow and achieve your ambition. At Marriott, be yourself. Begin your purpose, belong to a global community, and become the best version of you. At Marriott…Be you.
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
The Director, Purpose Driven Marketing is a key contributor in our initiatives to drive deeper bonds with consumers over our shared values. This position will primarily focus on leading the development and implementation of strategies to meaningfully engage diverse and “conscious” consumers across the enterprise. In addition, this role will support efforts to ensure the consumer journey also reflects our commitments to inclusion and social good.
Education and Experience Required
- 4-year degree from an accredited university
- Previous experience with strategy development for diverse and conscious consumers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Previous experience working as a team player who can navigate cross-functionally
Education and Experience Preferred
- Six or more year exerience within purpose driven/multicultural marketing discipline
- Previous experience with marketing to diverse/ conscious consumers
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Evolve Our Purpose Driven Marketing Approach:
- Partner with the Director of Purpose Driven Marketing Activation on the strategic development of the LoveTravels Go to Market strategy, working closely with agency partners and internal stakeholders
- Lead the ongoing implementation of the LoveTravels Go to Market strategy across Global Brand and Marketing, working directly with key disciplines (Loyalty Marketing, US/Canada Marketing, Content Marketing, Brand Marketing, Associate Brand Marketing, Corporate Communications) to increase reach and pull through of the platform
Enhance How We Operate Across Consumer Operations
- Partner across Global Brand and Marketing to lead strategy development and implementation to enhance inclusivity and socially driven efforts
- Provide strategic guidance to marketing teams in executing DEI marketing initiatives
- Provide strategic guidance to marketing teams in ensuring marketing initiatives appeal to diverse audiences and consider social and sustainable impact.
Develop Strategic Plan to Address Inclusion Across Consumer Journey
- Partner with Vice President to define scope of work for exploring consumer journey experience
- Conduct internal reviews and collaborate across the organization to inform strategy and initiatives
- Conduct a SWOT assessment and develop strategic plan and establish short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Collaborate with leadership to assess, evaluate potential opportunities
- Provide consumer expertise support to Consumer Operations initiatives
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.