Engineering Project Manager
- Job Number MARJP00080605
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $34.06-45/Hour
- Date Posted Oct 19, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Remote Work
- Project Management
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Part-time
The FLEX Manager, Engineering Project Services, is a key member of the US Engineering & Facilities team, reporting to the VP Engineering & Facilities US. This role focuses on optimizing contracting strategies, property research, and supporting Marriott Engineering's deployment efforts. Key responsibilities include managing project requirements, executing deployment plans, and overseeing on-property activation.
- Serve as the Project Manager for all contracting categories, and manage stakeholder relationships with key partners.
- Create and execute detailed project plans, including the Elevator program.
- Utilize change management models and methodologies for consistent processes.
- Track property implementation progress and ensure deliverables meet market needs.
- Contribute to effective learning programs and training materials.
- Provide timely updates to leadership and facilitate efficient results; Gather and use industry and discipline trends, competitors, and best practices.
- Mitigate deployment risks, capture feedback, and resolve issues.
- Act as a liaison for hotels during project scheduling and deployment & communicate the need for change and its impact, provide resources and coaching.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Procurement, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in contract management, procurement, or strategic sourcing.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset for complex contractual and financial data.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
- Use effective communication to maintain relationships and create a welcoming environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders for making complex decisions and involve relevant parties in the process.
- Delegate assignments, prioritize activities, and provide necessary resources.
- Maintain advanced technical knowledge and innovative approaches for process improvement.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.