Manager, HQ Immigration
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $32.58-45.61/Hour
- Date Posted Dec 29, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- Human Resources
- Oracle HRMS
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
Work with the HR Compliance/Immigration Program Support function, providing primary HR support to the HQ, U.S. Continent associates and HR Partners around immigration sponsorship. The HR Manager role serves as an integral liaison to HR COE’s, Marriott Business Services/ Payroll Support teams, HR Technology and Alight processing teams. Partner with outside counsel, HR Partners, managers across levels of the organization, Marriott Legal, Recruiting Partners and the Talent Acquisition team to process the full life cycle work authorization and sponsorship processes.
- Ensure compliance with human resources policies and laws.
- Manage immigration email inbox and respond to inquiries on Human Resources company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Advise HR Partners, managers, and associates on HR systems and assist in processing transactions and researching and correcting associate data (when required).
- Must be knowledgeable of the Company’s Information Protection policies and protection of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and protect accordingly. Required to maintain the highest level of confidentiality of associate and other company-related data management.
- Provide expertise and assist in the implementation of process improvement by actively engaging with HR COE’s and third-party vendors to identify concerns or notable trends, and recommend possible solutions, changes, and enhancements.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Manage the H1-B, L1A/B, O-1, TN Visa and Permanent Residency process for all Corporate Headquarters and Continent associates.
- Provide support and guidance on immigration issues to sponsored associates, Human Resources partners and other stakeholders.
- Apply immigration and program knowledge to provide expertise on immigration issues, works with associates to address individual immigration matters, ensure internal and regulatory compliance, and communicate with key business stakeholders (e.g., external law firm)
- Track and manage immigration cases and escalate potential issues to the appropriate parties for solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience. Specific Marriott HR experience beneficial.
- Experience managing employer sponsored immigration process.
- Knowledge of Immigration law process and required documentation and experience working with sponsorship, visa, and work authorizations.
- Proficiency using standard software applications and advanced knowledge in Microsoft tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Working knowledge of HR Management Systems (e.g., Oracle HRIS)
- Results-oriented with the ability to drive change and innovation.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure while delivering high quality service in a timely and professional manner.
- Excellent written, oral, listening, and follow-through skills.
- Sound judgment and use of discretion with confidential information.
- Displays initiative by identifying process improvements.
- Ability to follow directions and prioritize work effectively.
- Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to share work in a group environment.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate problems and proactively resolve potential issues.
Education and Professional Certification:
- 4-year College degree required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
FLEX employees will accrue .03334 hours of paid leave for every hour worked and be eligible to receive minimum of 9 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrolment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott HQ is committed to a hybrid work environment that enables associates to Be connected. Headquarters-based positions are considered hybrid, for candidates within a commuting distance to Bethesda, MD; candidates outside of commuting distance to Bethesda, MD will be considered for remote positions.
The application deadline for this position is 14 days after the date of this posting, 8th Feb, 2024.