Manager, Product Integrity
- Job Number MARJP00082039
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $29.07-38.77/Hour
- Date Posted Jan 11, 2024
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- project management skills
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
As a vital member of Marriott International's Owner and Franchise Services team, the Product Integrity Coordinator plays a key role in sustaining MI's competitive advantage and brand integrity. This position focuses on maintaining a consistent product offering, serving as the primary lead for Property Improvement Plans (PIPs). The role involves coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, managing the overall PIP process, and facilitating effective communication across all brands.
- Act as the primary point of contact for inquiries related to preliminary Property Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Support the Product Integrity team in day-to-day communication needs for each PIP project, collaborating with Lead Manager, Product Integrity.
- Manage the entire PIP process from initial request through execution, ensuring alignment between various stakeholders.
- Facilitate negotiation requests with owners prior to PIP execution and manage the submission of final PIPs to legal.
- Track preliminary Renewal PIP acceptance, following up with owners and internal stakeholders as needed.
- Provide input to improve the overall PIP process and manage OASIS data fields at various milestones.
- Assist with data review/clean-up efforts to maintain data integrity.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired.
- Results-oriented with the ability to deliver under difficult conditions and demonstrate balanced judgment under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and a dependable, strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong relationship-building skills, fostering trust and credibility, with proven outstanding customer relations skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills, navigating through a matrixed organization.
- Proficient in productivity applications: Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat X.
- Comfortable with learning and using databases, including but not limited to TeamConnect and OASIS.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
FLEX employees will accrue .03334 hours of paid leave for every hour worked and be eligible to receive minimum of 9 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrolment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott HQ is committed to a hybrid work environment that enables associates to Be connected. Headquarters-based positions are considered hybrid, for candidates within a commuting distance to Bethesda, MD; candidates outside of commuting distance to Bethesda, MD will be considered for remote positions.
The application deadline for this position is 14 days after the date of this posting, 8th Feb, 2024.