Manager, Talent Analytics (Learning & Talent Development)
- Job Number MARJP00080984
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $35-45/Hour
- Date Posted Nov 1, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
Are you deeply curious about how Talent Analytics is driving the future of work? Do you enjoy maneuvering complex data sets, building elegant data products, and telling compelling stories? Do you focus on driving decisions as opposed to just building dashboards? Do you have experience working in a learning, training, or talent development role, and/or experience with learning/talent development data?
Marriott, the world’s largest hotel company, is seeking someone like you to help enhance its Talent Analytics capabilities, understand its workforce and carve out the future of human capital management. This role entails outstanding business to technical translation, structured creative thinking, cross-functional collaboration, and hands-on development analytics products include dashboards, scenario planning tools, and productized reports. This role is part of a highly visible team that is tasked with putting the tools in the hands of the leaders defining the future of Marriott, with a specific focus on learning / talent development data. This role will be central to defining how learning data is organized, analyzed, and understood in a new learning technology platform.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in business, human resources, talent development, computer science, Information technology, engineering, operations research, or math or other quantitative discipline AND 1-3 years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance OR Advanced degree in business, human resources, talent development, operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, economics, physics, business analytics, engineering
- Experience working in a learning, training, or talent development role a plus, ideally in a role where analysis of learning data was required.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, and communication skills required, especially in the context of managing processes and delivering technical analysis across diverse stakeholder set and independently managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in one or more technical languages required, including: SQL, Python, R, or SAS required, OR proficiency in one or more data visualization tools required, including: Oracle DV, Tableau or PowerBI
A strong plus:
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Oracle Analytics Model Administration Tool, Oracle Semantic Data Modeler, ETL) or other backend HCM data modeling tool.
- Experience manipulating large data sets in Python, R, or SAS, and visualizing outputs in Oracle DV, Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience developing analytics products in people-related domains such as marketing, sales, human resources, customer experience, etc.
- Interest in growing your career in the talent/people analytics space, and developing skills which include:
- Analyzing human resources data, including querying and manipulation of billions of records of data
- Building simple, effective data models which allow easy access to standard HR metrics
- Creating HR analytics products for stakeholders, which includes developing a keen eye for selecting the most effective data visualizations
- Learning new technologies and coding languages in the data analysis, data modeling, and data visualizations space, including but not limited to: Oracle DV, Tableau, Power BI, Oracle Analytics Model Admin Tool, SQL, Python, R
- Structuring analysis and synthesizing large volumes of complex information from multiple sources
- Developing a strong knowledge of data modeling and statistical analysis techniques
- Experience in building custom user interfaces, front end web development is a strong plus
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Support Talent Analytics
- Develop analytics products with an eye towards elegant design and a global set of users
- Conceptualize, design and build data models and materialized views for use by the broader analytics team, and key analytics HR super users
- Explain complex analytics to a broad audience with varying levels of technical background and understanding.
- Partners with HR leaders to support their efforts through strategic analysis, tracking performance vs. goals, providing recommendations and insights for future efforts
- Measures effectiveness of key human resources efforts, applying best practices and proposing the right analytical techniques for measuring effectiveness
- Help define technical standards and calculations for talent analytics and reporting
- Support data governance activities and best practices including testing plans and standardization of methods across all Talent Analytics products.
- Conduct deep dive analytics relative to user adoption and behavior and the effectiveness of all Talent Analytics products
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Solves business problems using data and analytically based solutions.
- Identifies creative solutions to complex and challenging analytical problems.
- Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Consults with Global Technology on support for effective integrations between systems.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies.
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.