Scrum Master II
- Job Number MARJP00080119
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $60-67/Hour
- Date Posted Oct 31, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- Scrum Master
Marriott International, Inc. is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of nearly 8,300 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 138 countries and territories and we’re still growing. As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 8,100+ hotel properties and 31 top hotel brands. Unmatched Marriott FLEX opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, join a team where everyone has a voice. Belong to a community where you are included.
Be inspired by what’s possible and discover your own future. Be challenged, grow and achieve your ambition. At Marriott, be yourself. Begin your purpose, belong to a global community, and become the best version of you. At Marriott…Be you.
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
Scrum Master Job Summary: Functions as the Scrum Master for a content operations squad to ensure organization, execution and optimization across the team and to deliver value against a shared set of business objectives. Mentors, coaches and advises members of the scrum team that operate within the WordPress platform, AEM and WEM. Guides and facilitates teams through ceremonies, events, and meetings within the Agile team framework and supports Agile best practices including: leading stand up, ensuring the team meets the definition of done, managing story points/burndown, and removing impediments/barriers. They will also play a key role in developing prioritization processes and communication with leadership and GBAM stakeholders.
- Expert in Agile tools, such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master and /or Agile coach.
- Agile practitioner mindset with an understanding of common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and iterative development practices.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT full development life cycle.
- CSM certification or equivalent preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to manage large and complex consulting engagements.
- Ability to help teams write user stories/epics, identify dependencies, and design optimal solutions.
- Flexibility to work with teams, individuals and executives and willingness to help with a wide variety of work products and people.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with stakeholders, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence.
- Ability to speak in front of large audiences and facilitate large, multi-day ceremonies
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to measure the velocity, capacity, and value of teams’ contributions.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Facilitates the work of a squad team on a sprint-by-sprint basis
- Responsible for steering contributors through all the scrum ceremonies including sprint increment planning, demos, reviews.
- Drives the squad to continuously improve through the facilitation of Retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, sprint reviews, or higher-level functions.
- Project Leadership
- Functions as escalation point for the squad to resolve issues
- Maintains agile tools and dashboards to track stories, defects, and progress toward commitments Managing Program Increments, Projects and Policies
- Serves as liaison with GBAM stakeholders, development agency and hosting provider
- Directs and coordinates activities to monitor feature(s) and project(s) so that they progress on schedule and within budget
- Establishes standards and procedures for sprint, feature, and project reporting and documentation
- Develops stakeholder and leadership reporting
- Informs the appropriate team members of feature or project status and related issues and impediments and escalates appropriately
- Provides inputs to value stream roadmaps and business case validation
- Must have PI Planning Experience
- Must have Cloud Fluency - AWS cloud Practitioner
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.