Scrum Master II (Senior)
- Job Number MARJP00080417
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $45-63/Hour
- Date Posted Sep 22, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- Scrum Master
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
Efficiently manages development sprints in an agile environment, running daily scrums, facilitating requirement documentation, and removing obstacles to maintain team progress. Collaborates with cross-functional teams, Product Owners, and other Scrum Masters to encourage decision-making and continuous improvement. Exhibits strong leadership skills, driving the development of agile capabilities within Marriott's Global Technology organization and product portfolio. This role supports Infrastructure and Cloud Delivery, holding a dual reporting relationship with ICD and the Agile COE.
- Support one or more software delivery teams using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Facilitate all Scrum events and ensure team adherence to Scrum principles and practices
- Guide and coach Scrum Teams in using Lean and Agile practices
- Resolve team impediments in collaboration with other Scrum Masters
- Partner with Product Managers to maintain plans and communicate progress of the team. This includes product roadmaps, scrum team metrics, and program/project status reporting
- Manage and implement assigned work and projects, providing timely and detailed status reports
- Support Release Train Engineer, Product and Tech teams to manage & remove dependencies and optimize the flow
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize and organize work
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent experience, or certification.
- 7+ years’ information technology experience including:
- 4+ years of Agile Delivery experience using Scrum, Kanban and SAFe methodologies
- 4+ years planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- 4+ years creating and delivering presentations and project plans.
- 2+ years working with tools such as Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence), Clarity and/or Cloud based platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Highly proficient with MS Office, Jira and Confluence (or equivalent tools)
- Proficient in facilitating meetings at various organizational levels
- Ability to excel in complex, collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Highly motivated and passionate about collaborating with others to drive results and can motivate others to do the same
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a high attention to detail and impeccable time management skills
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.