Senior Administrative Assistant - Global Design Continents
- Job Number MARJP00080779
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $29-35/Hour
- Date Posted Oct 30, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- Admin Assistant
Marriott International, Inc. is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of nearly 8,300 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 138 countries and territories and we’re still growing. As the #1 leader in hospitality worldwide, Marriott International has 8,100+ hotel properties and 31 top hotel brands. Unmatched Marriott FLEX opportunities await you! The next step in your career could lead to your greatest adventure.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, join a team where everyone has a voice. Belong to a community where you are included.
Be inspired by what’s possible and discover your own future. Be challenged, grow and achieve your ambition. At Marriott, be yourself. Begin your purpose, belong to a global community, and become the best version of you. At Marriott…Be you.
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
This Senior Administrative Assistant position provides direct support to the Snr Vice President, Global Design US & Canada in her dual role leading the US & Canada continent team and guiding the global strategy across all continent Global Design teams. Responsibilities includes ongoing administrative activities as well as project-based work to contribute with the department’s objectives. The position requires development of process and solutions, interpretation of internal policies, and serving as a resource to others. The Senior Administrative Assistant makes decisions that may have a measurable impact on the department/division; and the role handles confidential and sensitive material.
- 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; OR related work experience
Required Experience & Skills:
- Understanding of core administrative processes, e.g. calendaring / schedule management, drafting department communications, managing processes such as expense reports and time sheets
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of, and ability to navigate: department and company mission, functions, organization structure, policies, and procedures
- Ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain relationships with other administrative/support staff and department leaders
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Answers questions and provides standard information pertaining to programs being administered, routine details, and other frequently asked questions
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions, which are complex in nature. Gathers data from multiple sources and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Schedules appointments and meetings or makes travel arrangements for department SVP, evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding pricing and logistical issues. May support SVP direct reports on occasion for complicated travel or events.
- Assists with planning and fully coordinates department events (e.g. food and beverage, audio-visual, slides, communication, etc).
- Assists with agendas, meeting management and following up on action items for leadership meetings and planning sessions.
- Manages calendar, invites and speaker confirmations for weekly department check ins.
- Manages and updates department events calendar (e.g. key meetings, birthdays, work anniversaries) and department Teams resource site.
- Manages office supply ordering and inventories.
- Processes data through automated administrative systems, such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs research and follow-up necessary to solve problems encountered.
- Performs data entry into various applications and develops databases or spreadsheets as necessary.
- Resolves and determines the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Prioritizes some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Identifies areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department. Coordinates with Business Director to develop the new policy or procedure
- Composes all types of correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the supervisor. Correspondence may be directed toward outside owners, customers or senior level executives. Typically drafts correspondence under own signature.
- Supports tracking, management, and organization of department inventory and electronic documents.
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are provided at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments, and the resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Some work may be distributed without review.
- Incumbent is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. Incumbent may delegate portions of work to others. Incumbent is responsible for resolving and determining the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Incumbent is responsible for prioritizing some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources, meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely, professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.