Senior Engineer – Data Security Engineering
- Job Number MARJP00080860
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $50-65/Hour
- Date Posted Nov 6, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 2
- Remote Position Type Allows Remote Work
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
- 5 years of experience in information security with 3+ years’ technical hands-on in data protection and enterprise DLP solution management.
- Expert knowledge in data discovery, data analysis, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), data audit, compliance management, data classification and governance solutions (eg. Microsoft Purview).
- Thorough understanding of the following technologies: data storage, log management, identity and access management, TLS inspection
- Current information security certification, including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Proficiency with security controls for cloud environments (Azure and AWS)
- Strong understanding of data protection principles and control frameworks (CSA, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, GDPR, CCPA)
- Basic experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell and Bash).
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Policy creation and rule design and updates for the administration security control systems
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to manage the details and compliance with standards and expectations
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Implement, administer and maintain the security tools, solutions and processes for data protection ecosystem.
- Discover and track sensitive data assets using a data discovery tool.
- Produce detailed technical design, test plans, and implementation plans.
- Provide assistance with audit issues and recommendations for remediation from an Information Security perspective.
- Provide support for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) platform including analysis, continuous configuration, tuning and testing of data loss prevention policies
- Design, implement, review DLP related policies, workflow and system settings following established DLP change process with the assistance of operational tools and resources
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of products and/or procedures to enhance security.
- Deploy and monitor additional security products and tools or enhancements to existing tools.
- Monitor daily reports to ensure the effectiveness of new and existing security technology.
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during data discovery scans, scan related performance issues and agent or network related issues.
- Assist in representing the security needs of the organization by providing DLP and security expertise and assistance on IT projects.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of IT security policies, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Monitoring compliance with regulations and internal policies in relation to the protection of sensitive/personal/confidential/regulated data.
- Design, track, and aggregate on data security KPIs and risk metrics.
- Remain current with regulatory updates and maintain an understanding of data security, regulatory, and compliance topics.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.