Senior Manager, Change Management + Communications
- Job Number MARJP00081081
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $45-60/Hour
- Date Posted Nov 10, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Partial Remote Work
- Change Management
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
The Senior Manager, Change Management + Communications is responsible for leading the design and execution of effective people-focused change and communications strategies that drive awareness, understanding, engagement, and adoption among Marriott associates. Specifically, this role will support the change impact assessment and engagement planning for key HR initiatives impacting our associates globally. This position is located in Bethesda, Maryland and will work across departments and teams.
CORE WORK PRIORITIES:
- HR Initiative Change Management + Communications: Design and execute change management and communications strategies for a diverse set of key HR initiatives and other priorities as assigned, including but not limited to: benefits, talent analytics, talent acquisition, workforce engagement and more. This includes strategy development and tactical execution, stakeholder analysis and engagement and creative production (e.g., print and digital assets, data-driven visual storytelling, presentation development, copywriting), insights gathering and feedback loop execution, development of messaging and resources for diverse channels, intranet design, webinar production, leadership reviews and more. Partners closely with the learning organization to co-create educational plans when appropriate. Provides support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions and sustainment.
- Writer/Visual Storytelling: Proven writer, editor and visual storyteller. Lead the creation and iteration of key deliverables to drive awareness for change, tell our Marriott story, ensure adoption, teach and reinforce behaviors. Build expertise in Marriott’s communications channels and global leadership venues to execute thoughtful and integrated communications plans throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Project Management: Work with cross-functional work teams (COEs, Learning, Business Leaders) to navigate multiple projects simultaneously. Manage complex behavioral change and help teams fulfill the role of change sponsor. Support project teams in integrating both behavioral and technical change management activities into project plans.
- Client Relationship Management: Builds and maintains client-focused partnerships that strengthen relationships with key stakeholders including HR COEs, continent teams and other business leaders. Maintain a flexible work style that encourages cross-functional collaboration and coordination. Be adept at influencing others, tapping diverse sources of information, leaning in and identifying opportunities, anticipating challenges and finding solutions, and devising and executing integrated and impactful communications + engagement strategies to deliver against current and future team priorities.
- Team Engagement: Contributes to an engaging and rewarding work environment for a team of communications + change management professionals that hold themselves to a high standard, operate in a team-first environment, embrace ambiguity and the need to be flexible, take on new challenges and growth opportunities, deliver a high-caliber product, exceed the needs of internal clients, succeed in a fast-paced environment, and feel rewarded for high performance.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Organizational Change Management, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or related major required.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience in communications, change management, marketing, or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Strong writer with a proven track record consulting to business leaders and designing, developing, and implementing high impact communications in large organizations, using a variety of delivery methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple high-profile projects including crisis comms (at times) in a global landscape.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop “client-ready” material and communicate effectively to a broad range of stakeholders (including senior leaders and hotel associates)
- Strong service orientation, consulting skills, and ability to interface with business leaders
- Strong change management, program and project management skills
- Editorial experience, strong proof-reading, subbing, and editing skills
- Experience in managing and developing content for print and online channels
- Experience in managing agencies and budgets
- Ability to influence
- Ability to present work quickly and accurately to a high standard
- Flexible and willing to work unsociable hours with little or no notice
- Able to multi-task, self-motivated and able to self-manage projects
- Collaborates and works well in a creative, team-based approach to accomplishing work
- Active learner and listener – able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences
- Flexible: comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple priorities at any given point in time
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Persistent; drives ideas; engages in fixing the problem; team player
- Always brings a professional demeanor; polished and articulate in diverse settings
- Analytical; makes decisions using data
- Results driven
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.