Senior Program Specialist - Events, Business Advisory Services, U.S. & Canada
- Job Number MARJP00080676
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $24-29/Hour
- Date Posted Oct 17, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Remote Work
- Program Management
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
Join Marriott International, the global hospitality leader, as a Senior Program Specialist for Events in the U.S. & Canada. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in planning and managing high-profile, internal associate events, demonstrating an exceptional level of customer service and organizational expertise.
- Provide administrative support for events ranging from 20 to 2,000 attendees across the U.S. & Canada.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop event registration sites and manage printed, marketing, and communications materials.
- Coordinate site inspections, vendor/travel management, and room block assignments. - Support Serve 360 initiatives, sustainability partnerships, and DE&I experiences at events.
- Attend pre-planning calls, manage reporting tools, and support post-event activities. - Travel 2-4 times a year for up to 6 days per trip within the U.S. & Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Hospitality Management OR 2+ years of relevant event management experience. –
- Proficiency in Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Canva, Cvent, Passkey, Concur, and travel management systems.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle conflicting priorities, and recover from mistakes professionally.
- Exceptional customer service and professionalism.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in event management tools and software.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
- Detail-oriented approach to event planning and execution.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.