Senior Software Engineer - TypeScript/GraphQL
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $50-70/Hour
- Date Posted Nov 1, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 2
- Remote Position Type Allows Remote Work
- Software Engineering
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Full-time
- Design and develop scalable and high-performance GraphQL APIs using TypeScript and Node.js.
- Collaborate effectively with front-end developers, backend microservice teams, and product managers to integrate APIs and ensure seamless data flow.
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and translate them into detailed technical specifications.
- Implement rigorous unit and integration tests; actively participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and uphold best practices.
- Work within an Agile environment, following methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban.
- Troubleshoot and debug performance issues, identifying and implementing effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in modern front-end or back-end web technologies and frameworks.
- Experience working in Agile teams, following methodologies like Scrum/Kanban.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and their integration with GraphQL.
- Exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Familiarity with software design patterns and architectural best practices.
- Previous experience working as a GraphQL or Rest API Developer.
- Familiarity with Docker and containerization.
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Understanding of microservices architecture.
- Proficiency in caching using Elastic Cache or Redis.
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams.
At Marriott, we believe in challenging the status quo to enhance digital experiences for our guests and associates. If you are a passionate and skilled Senior Software Engineer with expertise in TypeScript and GraphQL, we invite you to join our team and make a significant impact on our global digital initiatives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.