Weekend Above Property Rooms Controller (Sat/Sun)
- Job Number MARJP00081584
- Location Bethesda, MD
- Pay Rate $20-21.50/Hour
- Date Posted Dec 20, 2023
- Start Date Immediately
- Number of Positions 1
- Remote Position Type Allows Remote Work
NOTE: This is a FLEX Associate Engagement
Position type: Part-time
Join our team as a Remote Above Property Rooms Controller, overseeing front desk checklist tasks for a diverse portfolio of hotels. Your role is pivotal in ensuring seamless operations and exceptional guest experiences.
- Communicate daily with hotel teams, understanding and addressing their specific needs.
- Participate in weekly or daily stand-up meetings with hotels to review priority tasks and upcoming events.
- Develop and manage internal key stakeholder relationships proactively.
- Act as a liaison between the property and regional/corporate systems support when necessary.
- Run the GPS report to identify Bonvoy preferences, personalized information, special occasions, and redemption stays.
- Review Arrivals Dashboard in GXP for today +2 days, blocking reservations with special request codes.
- Follow property leadership guidelines to determine the blocking process for Elite, notable, and VIP guests.
- Execute pre-arrival emails and communicate completion of blocking to the property.
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or a related field OR 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or a related major, along with relevant professional experience.
- Experience in revenue management, sales and marketing, operations, or a related professional area.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build successful relationships with hotel teams and key stakeholders.
- Organizational and coordination skills for effective pre-arrival planning and task execution.
- Digital proficiency to handle mobile check-ins, mobile key requests, and dispatch chat requests.
- Analytical skills to review room availability, including oversold nights and out-of-order rooms.
- Customer-centric mindset to resolve and escalate customer care cases efficiently.
- Adaptability to perform additional duties as assigned.
Become an integral part of our team, contributing to the success of our hotels and ensuring memorable guest experiences. Apply now!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
FLEX employees will accrue .03334 hours of paid leave for every hour worked and be eligible to receive minimum of 4 holidays annually. California based FLEX employees accrue .03462/hour PTO and 1 hour of sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to 48 hours annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrolment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott HQ is committed to a hybrid work environment that enables associates to Be connected. Headquarters-based positions are considered hybrid, for candidates within a commuting distance to Bethesda, MD; candidates outside of commuting distance to Bethesda, MD will be considered for remote positions.
The application deadline for this position is 14 days after the date of this posting, 15th Feb, 2024.